cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping out

doughtycaroline
Just joined

We’ve had ongoing issues with wifi speed and drop outs for months. Engineer changed 5 year old hub 3 on Friday and left but wifi then unusable. Area also having issues with drop out and Ouse on the lines since fibre upgrade carried out a few weeks ago. Just not a useable service. Spoken to many in tech support but no resolution. Husband can’t work from home and son can’t do his online homework or game. At a loss as to what to do and pay a lot per month for indusble service. Stats from speed test - 220 download / 20.9 upload.

Have 200 VM broadband package and hub 3. Also installed BT mesh system at great cost a few months ago to get signal round the house.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, only wired speeds to the Hub.

However, post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

You could also try a full 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Which BT Mesh system are you using?  Is the Hub 3 broadcasting wifi as well as the BT Mesh? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi doughtycaroline

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing ongoing WiFi issues. I have check the systems at my side and can see there is currently an SNR ( signal noise ratio) affecting your area at this time. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We apologies for any inconvenience this might cause, our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

The estimate end time and date is currently 16th June at 9am. Please fully reboot all your equipment at this time and let us know if you are having any further issues.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley