cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe stuck off

technics123
Joining in

Child safe is stuck off on my account despite it looking like it's active on my settings page.

I've switched it off and on multiple times using the slightly different looking version of the website (not sure why it appears differently sometimes) and I'm not using an alternative DNS service.

Looks like it's not toggling off / on at virgin media end.

Hoping someone can help.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the old Web Safe page (shown on left) until Virgin Media resolve ongoing issues with the their new page (shown on right)
2022-05-17.jpeg
If you find yourself on the new page try manually go to old https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings; do not be tempted to manage Web Safe via the new page.

Should the issue persist post the result of running nslookup nordvpn.com here.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi

This hasn't worked, I've tried switching it off\on multiple times using the old link below without success.

Results of nslookup are below:

C:\Windows\system32>nslookup nordvpn.com
Server: routerlogin.net
Address: 192.168.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: nordvpn.com
Addresses: 104.17.50.74

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there technics123,

Welcome to the community.

I've dropped you a PM so we can investigate this for you.

You'll find this message within the purple envelope icon!

Thanks,

Kain

Hi community

I've spoken to a few people within Virgin Media about this and it's been raised with their technical teams for over a month now without any progress which isn't really acceptable.

Has anyone else had this issue or had it take so long to get resolved? I'm on the verge or raising an official complaint to Virgin media about this and worried it's never going to be resolved. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As a temporary / permanent fix consider using an alternative DNS service to provide the missing functionality, for example Home Internet Security | OpenDNS, see OpenDNS Family Shield or OpenDNS Home; which every DNS service you use do make sure to read the provider's privacy policy, terms and conditions

FYI: it is not possible to assign a DNS of choice on Virgin Media Hubs so either:

• use a third-party router that allows DNS to be set with Hub in modem mode
  • manually override DNS setting on each device

-- 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced technics123,

To clarify have you received a recent response regarding this matter?

Regards,

Kain

Hi.

Yes, one of your colleagues has tried escalating this with the relevant team but there has been no update from them for over a month. My understanding is that he's been chasing daily as well.

I'm starting to get very frustrated as you can imagine!