cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin broadband installation

feeltherain
Joining in

Hi

I need some help and advice. I recently moved. It was on 14th August. I spoke with the Virgin Media team and they set installation date on 30 August. On the day two guys pulled the cable from the street to my driveway and said someone else will come to finish the work. No one came. Instead I get a message saying that they will need my and my neighbour permission to do some digging on the driveway and they moved installation to 9 September. Since then nothing happened. I contacted them several times. First time the guy said it shouldn't be like that, he can see they got all permissions that they need and work should be done and he's going to put me on some priority list, whatever it is. The other time I've been told they don't now what's going on, they can't help me and that I should contact Wayleave Team. I tried and problem still not resolved. It's so frustrating. It's almost two months now and I still don't have my broadband which I've been charged for last month btw. I don't understand why I should call everyone and try to resolve it when I have contract with Virgin and they should do it? Any ideas what to do now?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for any confusion and frustration caused, I've taken a look into this and there are a couple of things I'm not sure about. So I'm going to contact you via PM so we can clear up a few details, and will do all we can to help clear things up from there.

Tom 

feeltherain
Joining in

Hi again 

So I spoke with Tom about my situation and I've been told 

once the Wayleave forms have been sent out there isn't any more action we can take, we would need the person(s) who is/are agreeing on the Wayleave to contact us, if they don't then sadly we wouldn't be able to help further I'm sorry there's not more we can do in this situation.

It looks like we are going to wait forever for the permission which may never arrive. And that is why I'd like to ask is it possible to delete my Virgin account (which isn't active yet anyway) and terminate my contract?

Cheers 

Hi feeltherain

We can't cancel it from here but if you call us on 0800 052 1734 we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill