cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with setting up a New Connection

Chrys21gr
Joining in

Hello,

I just moved to a new flat in Belfast 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to join virgin media to set up an internet connection since then. I talked to the sales team several times and submitted a form to join three times however they told me that someone has an active account on my address and they cannot proceed with the application. They also told me that the account holder told them that they are using the account and they live on this address at the moment. Clearly there is some mixup as I have already moved in this address, I have signed the contract and I can provide it as proof of residency. I also informed my landlord and he contacted the previous tenant and he told him that he wasn't using Virgin media while he was living in this flat. My landlord also contacted the sales team himself but there was no progress at all.

Could someone help me with this situation? It suspicious if not fraudulent that someone claims that leaves in my apartment,  when they are not. 

Many thanks,
Chrys

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chrys21gr 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

This does seem very odd. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill