cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

Katharinec
Joining in

I just moved into a newly rented house and I am a new Virgin Media customer. I have ordered a quick start box but when I tried to follow the instructions to do the quick installation, I found that there is no Virgin Media wall socket in the house. Please advise on how to proceed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-service QuickStart installs are usually offered where there's previously been VM service at an address and so the cabling/connections are already in-place.

If, for whatever reason, that's not the case, you'll need a manned engineer install. You can either call in to book this (150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here (might be a couple of days) for a staffer to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-service QuickStart installs are usually offered where there's previously been VM service at an address and so the cabling/connections are already in-place.

If, for whatever reason, that's not the case, you'll need a manned engineer install. You can either call in to book this (150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here (might be a couple of days) for a staffer to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Katharinec

Welcome to the Community. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have a technician booked in already for an install. 

If you would like to reschedule your appointment for any reason you can do this from your online account. If you haven't set up your online account yet, let me know and I'll be happy to help you set that up and reschedule if needed.

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley