cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install and can’t access internet

bwbutler93
Joining in

Our equipment arrived yesterday and has been plugged in since. The broadband box has a green flashing light at the bottom and I cannot connect to the internet. We have no WIFI and cannot set up the TV. 
Anyone know how to fix this? We’ve called virgin but they can’t send anyone out until TUESDAY (4 days!) We’ve unplugged and reset the box, checked the wires etc. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two thing could be wrong, 1) the hub has not been activated 2) the cable is disconnected at the street cabinet.

For 1) phone

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

For 2) you will have to wait for a technician. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

We spent an hour on the phone to virgin last night who told us that our service was still in the process of activating and it can take up to 24 hours……over 24 hours later and it still won’t work. 
We’ve had virgin before so I don’t see why the cable would be disconnected outside? 
We left virgin because of poor customer service, we’ve only come back as my husband got a good deal. Regretting it already! 

a reboot is the 1st thing to try - then a reset - if that fails then ring the activation line again 0800 953 9500 

check all internal connections and those in the external box - did you go to Sky after leaving VM - they are experts at cutting the VM cable that comes through the wall to fit their own cable

cables can be disconnected at the cabinet so thats also possible 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bwbutler93, thanks for your post although I'm very sorry that you're without services at the moment.

If you have followed the instructions, and ensured that your coax cable is firmly fitted into both the back of your Hub, and your wall socket then this could be an issue with the cabling.

Unfortunately, the cause of this issue may be outside of our control so it's possible we weren't aware the cables had been disconnected (if that's the case), which could be a reason why your services aren't working.

As @Tudor has mentioned, we will need a technician to come and visit you to get the services working - it looks like this has already been arranged for you though, so please be assured we'll do our best to get the issue resolved for you when we visit.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W