cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install Issues.

sp8y
Joining in

Hello,

Just had a new install yesterday of M250 with the Hub 3 however already got a few issues.

Firstly the hub 3 WiFi performance is poor and barely reaches upstairs (it's not a big house either) meaning I can't even open a Google search page!

Secondly the speed fluctuates from 270 mbps down to 120 mbps at various times even when standing close to the hub.

Thirdly I can't connect the hub to the virgin connect app, I've done all the troubleshooting that's been recommended in previous articles but it still won't connect.

Any help would be appreciated as it's not a very good start for a new virgin customer. I was hoping for better as this area has just had all new fibre cables fitted.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Note - you can cancel the VM contract within 14 days of installation and leave without paying anything.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

We have a Hub 3, the WiFi coverage is much the same as other routers.
For the previous ISP did your have WiFi boosters to improve coverage ?

Using the link below check the service speed to the Hub is correct & then move on to what the phone/laptop does over WiFi

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/ 

Thanks for the info, didn't have any boosters previously but the new hub is towards the back of the house whereas the old one was towards the front.

I've got a booster coming shortly so hopefully that might help.

Thanks that's good to know although I'd like to keep this package if I can get the issue sorted.

sp8y
Joining in

Booster has arrived and the house has full strong coverage now so if nothing goes untoward then I'll be sticking with VM.

Unless of course my landline number doesn't get ported correctly as the customer services didn't progress it and the engineer had to book it during installation.

Just a shame that I've had extra expense to get this working!

Thanks for the assistance guys.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Sp8y, thanks for all the posts and replies and welcome to our community.

We're glad to see you've received some helpful advice from our insightful forum members Jbrennand and Client62 in regard to your new hub and Wi Fi coverage at home.
We'd like to also make you aware that by adding the WiFi Max service you may use up to 3 intelligent Pods in order to enhance the signal throughout the property as part of this service.

In regard to your number porting process, this may take up to 10 working days to complete once the request is submitted.
We'd love to help in case you're unaware about it's progress or any info you may need at this point, please do let us know if you still require assistance with that.
Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs