cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this wall socket a virgin media one?

lgovirg
Joining in

Hi,

Our set up box arrived today. The closest I could find to fit the cable is this wall socket:

PXL_20220910_185821730.jpeg

The cable doesn't fit. But it doesn't look like a TV-aerial socket either. Is it something that definitely isn't VM? Or is it an old socket which needs some sort of adapter?

Any thoughts would be welcome. Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s definitely a TV coax socket. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@lgovirg wrote:

Hi,

Our set up box arrived today. The closest I could find to fit the cable is this wall socket:

The cable doesn't fit. But it doesn't look like a TV-aerial socket either. Is it something that definitely isn't VM? Or is it an old socket which needs some sort of adapter?

Any thoughts would be welcome. Cheers.

If you are still searching for a suitable wall socket, try these further suggestions from an earlier topic today.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Wall-socket/m-p/5116757#M213169

If these are no use, and you do not have any connection, phone in for a technician installation.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Igovirg, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see hear you are having some issues with the install.

I can confirm you are going to need one our sockets installing, however I can see you have spoke to the team were they able to assist with this issues? 

Please do keep me updated on how it goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?