cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Brown Box Damaged as Expected

MV20
On our wavelength

Hi. I signed up to VM two weeks ago, not turned on yet as I had to give 1 month notice to Sky so will be up and running around 5th of May. 

The engineer came to fit the external brown box, but he never knocked on the door, so by the time we realised he was there, he was done. I feel like the box is in the wrong place for a couple of reasons (one being that it comes into the house as far away from where the indoor boxes need to be as possible) but mainly because it's on a high foot-traffic path which my house is on. I mentioned in the original post (here) that I felt it was a matter of time until it was damaged in some way.

I woke up today with the lid of the box open, no damage has been done to anything inside from what I can tell, but this just confirmed my fears. The lid will now not close, I've tried using cable ties but the whole front of the box is now loose and easily opened should they want to get in to damage it further. 

Is there someone I can speak to to get this sorted? Ideally it  would be better to move it but failing that it needs to be secured better (even a metal box if possible?)

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

MV20
On our wavelength

External to fix the damaged box. Thanks for letting me know the engineers that turn on the service will sort it out. 

Keep us updated with how you get on @MV20 and should you have any further concerns or questions at all, please do not hesitate to come back to us on the community forums. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley