cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut cable

Kirsty0610
Joining in

Hello,

My cable has been cut outside on a public path. I can not get an engineer out until Saturday afternoon however I am currently working from home and need the Internet. I'm also sure my teenage son won't be happy when he realises it's not working. Is there any way this can be sorted earlier to save me from the 'I NEED the Internet' headache? 

Thank you, 

Kirsty. 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I should imagine the agent who booked your appointment will have offered you the earliest available appointment, and you can check for any earlier cancellations via your myVM online account.

If the internet is so essential, I'd recommend having a standby method of connecting. Perhaps tether using a 4G/5G mobile? Or if you can pickup your neighbour's wireless and you're on good terms... ask if you can borrow it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

It is the earliest appointment available, I can see now by clicking on the reschedule appointment section.

Someone suggested asking here as they thought there was a mobile number to text for an engineer and as its outside it could of been done quicker but I think that was only for the lockdown situation.

Times like this always make me wonder when we became so reliant on the Internet, on the plus side I get a day off tomorrow!

Thanks again. 

Z92
Trouble shooter

There is (or was, not sure if it's been discontinued?) a mobile number, but that was simply a way to contact CS - the act of organising the engineer would still be in the same time frame. Since you already have an appointment it won't be any quicker.

If you can post photos of the cut cable however then staff here might be able to schedule a "in between jobs" rather than needing a full engineer appointment. Depends how bad the cut is.

Hi Kirsty0610,

Welcome to our community forums and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you were looking for an earlier appointment to repair the damaged cable.

As our valued members @japitts and @Z92, have advised, our agent would have booked the very next available appointment for you.

How did the visit go? Are you back up and running? 

Please let us know if you require and further assistance with anything.

Kind regards Jodi.