cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Too Short

someusername
Tuning in

Received my self installation kit, had Virgin TV before a couple of years ago but when I went over to the enemy and had a maintenance visit for the virgin broadband I still had the bloke took the old Virgin TV cable with them.

Anyway got the kit today and the cable is too short. Like 7 meters too short. Have been told they can send me a cable but wont receive it until late next week! 

So are there any cables I can buy to use instead? Anything to avoid? And can anyone suggest a good 10 meter cable.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

3 metre cable are as much as they provide, as longer lengths have an adverse effect on the signal levels at a property. Sourcing your own cables is not advised, as the vast majority are not triple screened. This is a requirement of cable installations to prevent RF noise from Freeview, DAB & 4G/5G phones leaking onto the network & causing disruption.

Longer cables are made up on site by the techs. The callout should be free if you are a recent self-install.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi someusername, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to Virgin Media. 

As mentioned above, it will more than likely by better if we arrange an engineer to come out so they can install you using the longer cable. As mentioned above, any extra cable we send won't be as long as 10m so if this is what you're needing, we'll need to book the engineer. 

If you would like us to arrange this for you, I would just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs