cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATV cover

chrisburrell
Joining in

chrisburrell_0-1627331902324.png

My local authority has asked me to contact you as we are lowering our kerb to gain full access to our driveway , prior to works commencing please can you confirm 

1) The Virgin media CATV cover is suitable to be driven over

2) The Virgin media cover can be adjusted (by up to 150 mm) if required  

Please note this is not a BT cover and local authority confirm this belongs to Virgin media , proof can be provided if needed  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might also find the contact details from https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/network-expansion/cable-digging-and-construction of use.

Forum staff don't generally monitor the "chatter" section of this board, so I've moved your post to the broadband area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

You will need to get Virginmedia to do a survey of what work will need doing this will be a chargeable service, once the survey is completed you will be given the quote to do the work depending on what is under the cover it could run into £1000's and again it will be chargeable.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@chrisburrell wrote:

My local authority has asked me to contact you as we are lowering our kerb to gain full access to our driveway , prior to works commencing please can you confirm 

1) The Virgin media CATV cover is suitable to be driven over

2) The Virgin media cover can be adjusted (by up to 150 mm) if required  

Please note this is not a BT cover and local authority confirm this belongs to Virgin media , proof can be provided if needed  

To give you and idea of possible costs, the only topic I can recall which mentions actual figures from a quote for this kind of work is here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-manhole-cover-in-new-drop-kerb/t...

The sums mentioned are usually a £240 survey fee plus construction costs. One of the forum team may be able to to arrange the survey for you and advise further on what is actually required.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might also find the contact details from https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/network-expansion/cable-digging-and-construction of use.

Forum staff don't generally monitor the "chatter" section of this board, so I've moved your post to the broadband area.