cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Modems???

RSM17H127
Just joined

Basically we have a modem downstairs in the living getting 320mbps super fast I am using tp link upstairs wired to my xbox and only getting 6.33mbps download speed on a good day.

Is it possible i can use another hub or router whatever in my bedroom upstairs (there is a coax cable in my room) to get the same 320mbps speed or would it be the same 6.33mbps and have to pay for another deal or something... 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can provide your own router or access point & just plug into VMs hub.

2 VM hubs require 2 accounts & 2 subscriptions along with the relevant installation charges.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RSM17H127 wrote:

Basically we have a modem downstairs in the living getting 320mbps super fast I am using tp link upstairs wired to my xbox and only getting 6.33mbps download speed on a good day.  <snip> 

Sounds like your powerline adapter is not working well, or the wiring in your property is not good enough to use PLA's.

You should look to get a direct connected Cat 6a ethernet cable up to the room.  This will give the full speed from the Hub.

Don't forget ethernet cables can be run outside and back into the upstairs room, it does not all have to be routed inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks