cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lose of service

rabbogie
Joining in

reported a broken cable in the red box outside my home an one engineer they sent could not fix it , but booked another to come later that day, but failed to appear. My problem is that the CS said it could take up to September. No good as I work from home.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Red box? Do you mean the wall mounted Omnibox? Can you post up a photo of the issue?

All you can do is keep calling in to see if you can get an earlier date due to a cancellation.

This wont help you... but you have the Residential service that has no service level agreement for fix times etc. A VM Business account does.

All I would suggest is... if continual connectivity is important for work - then to make sure you have a fall back in place for when things like this inevitably happen. An unlimited data 4G/5G sim for example. Three recently had a £20/month deal on a monthly contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have a business account, sorry out of the house at the moment so I can`t take a photo.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ahhh ok - then you wont get any practical help from the VM people on here - they only deal with Residential package customers - VM Business is a separate company - on here they will just direct you to their help desk

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rabbogie 

Contact details for business users are on the following page. Just click on the box "Small business 1-10 people"

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey there @rabbogie, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the damage done on the red box outside your premises connected to the Virgin Media services.
Unfortunately we can only do residential queries here on this forums page.
For business inquiries please contact our business team on 0800 052 0800 and they will be able to deal with the fault at hand.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs