cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant see my wifi network on android phone

lisarip
Joining in

My wifi went down and since it came back on my  laptop and other devices have all connected to the wifi but i can't connect my android phone. the network name is not showing up, I've tried adding the network and saving but this does nothing. can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Have you tried turning the phone off and on again?

And also tried forgeting the network on your phone? You might need to open up the WiFi settings and scroll down to `Saved Networks`. You should be able to delete your WiFi network from there.

I haven't really seen this type of thing with phones, but I have sometimes seen it with computers that have Intel WiFi cards. Usually "resetting" the WiFi adapter does the trick. A reboot should have the same effect, but the laptops I've seen the issue with have had an RF kill button on them. Newer laptops have a function key to do the same thing. Worth a shot.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @lisarip,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection at the moment, are you still having the same issues at the moment?

If so, have you tried a reboot or pinhole rest of your hub since the issues started?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried rebooting and factory reset. One of my laptops is connected but my phone and work laptop aren't as the network doesn't appear in available networks 

Hi,

Have you tried turning the phone off and on again?

And also tried forgeting the network on your phone? You might need to open up the WiFi settings and scroll down to `Saved Networks`. You should be able to delete your WiFi network from there.

I haven't really seen this type of thing with phones, but I have sometimes seen it with computers that have Intel WiFi cards. Usually "resetting" the WiFi adapter does the trick. A reboot should have the same effect, but the laptops I've seen the issue with have had an RF kill button on them. Newer laptops have a function key to do the same thing. Worth a shot.

Thank you for the update @lisarip.

Have you tried the great advice given by @BaldrickBravo? If so does the issue persist?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I've tried switching my phone off and on, and forgetting the network . neither of these has resolved it. I'm not sure I understand what you mean regarding the laptop kill button. 

It's so frustrating and I can't get through to anyone at virgin.

thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lisarip,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community! 

Sorry to see the issue still persists.

From checking our service I can't seem to find any issues with the Hub that would relate to the problem at hand.

Are you able to perform a factory reset on your Hub? I will advise that you may lose any personalised settings by doing this however you'll be able to set up again.

To do so find an appliance that can insert into the hole in the back of the Hub that has "reset" next to it, hold it there for around 30/40 seconds.

Alternatively you can try to manually add the SSID into the handset too.

Let us know if any of them resolve the issue.

Kain