cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

Paulpal67
Superfast

I recently received a wifi pod and it works brilliantly. Curious how it works tho. I have a hub 5, 1gig and using the 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz. My 5Ghz has now disappeared and had to connect all my devices to the 2.4Ghz. I'm still getting the 5Ghz speed tho.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Paulpal67,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues with your service, how is it looking since your post? Are you still having issues with the WiFi frequencies?

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the Hub 5 SSID is a single name, it would be difficult to ascertain which band you are using?  I can't see 2.4Ghz getting the speeds of 5Ghz.

As you say, it's most likely a mistake in the display information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My wifi name on the 5ghz is still missing. My wifi name on the 2.4ghz is the only only one i can connect to and it's showing as 5ghz now.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Paulpal67,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues with your service, how is it looking since your post? Are you still having issues with the WiFi frequencies?

Zoie

I've no issues with my wifi and wifi pod. Both are working fine with good speeds. I've lost my Kazpaul which i named my 5Ghz which i used for my devices. Paulpal which is the 2.4Ghz band name is now the only one showing but with 5Ghz. Only happened when i installed my wifi pod. Just wondering if that's normal with a wifi pod.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Pods are designed to work with a single SSID. I’m guessing you have confused the issue by splitting the SSID. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks