cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi signal

MickMck1102
Joining in

Hi, I have been having constant problems with a very weak or no wife signal in my home. I have had numerous visits by engineers over the years and calls asking to to change settings etc on my hub and nothing seems to work. I have been asked by one of your colleagues to reach out here on this forum with regards to being sent out these pods. Please can you help?

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MickMck1102,

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and apologies to hear that you're having continued issues with your WiFi service and getting a WiFi Pod ordered.

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection/blackspot issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

It's worth having a look at the service as a whole here and please note that unless you're on a 1GB speed or a Volt package then there is a charge of £8 per month. 

Once you've had a look at the above link, if you want to go ahead we will need to confirm some information with you to get that first pod sent out. I have sent you a private message regarding this to save time. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs