Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did my fibre stop working today at 2pm? I was in a job interview

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Were yo connected on wifi or on an ethernet cable when it happened?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info. yes i tried to search for issues and it claimed there werent any. but my fibre went down from 2pm for about ten minutes. and as a result they didnt offer me the job. totally understandable from their perspective but im so annoyed. would be nice if virgin contacted people after a fault and apologised for it giving an explanation, rather than the customer having to chase it. no way am i phoning them to be fobbed off. ta for the info though

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would really appreciate a member of staff explaining to me why my fibre keeps dropping off.  It happened on thursday 2th october at 2pm, whilst i was in a job interview. and they understandably didnt offer me the job due to the bad impression made. 

and it has happened again just now, 3rd October at 17:28pm

my postcode is WF17 8FL

How am i supposed to perform the fibre service my job when it is proving to be so unreliable??

it is not a problem with devices as my laptop and phone were just affected

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Were yo connected on wifi or on an ethernet cable when it happened?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John.  Mobile was on wifi and laptop on ethernet cable.  The connection just stopped both times (also went off on a kindle and another laptop cos i checked them too) so switched router off and back on again and then about ten mins later it all comes back on.  They may be working on the lines or something like that but it would be courteous for them to inform people in advance.  Particularly given the vast amounts of people now WFH and the huge amount of money that I pay them for fast and reliable fibre.  It would be great to hear from a member of staff about this.    

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I expect you will get an apology from the forum staff in due course, but they have no way of checking what happened days ago.

Routine maintenance usually happens in the early hours to avoid disruption, but if a fault occurs at other times there will be no prior warning. As far as Virgin are concerned that is just part of the deal for a residential, non-business contract. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
We had this last week and it was pre-reported on both the “check service,”Area Status webpage" (link at top right of this forum) and also the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 (which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level).

Did you check on there ?

--------------------
John
--------------------