cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which mobile network does virgin use in corfu

Kevinj51
Tuning in

Hi

It is my first time roaming in Europe with virgin.

Which network does virgin use?

My phone is set to pick the network automatically. But in 2 days,different networks have been selected, and I am concerned that I may be charged.note neither mentions virgin in the name

Thankyou in advance

Regards, k

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post @Kevinj51, and a very warm welcome to you.

As @Tudor says, you wouldn't see Virgin Mobile as an option overseas - I would recommend using GREECE COSMOTE MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATIONS S.A. or GREECE WIND HELLAS TELECOMMUNICATIONS S.A. when roaming in Greece or on a Greek island.

I would need to advise of one thing though, you would be charged for services if you were to connect to a mast that is located in Albania - which is possible of course as you are very close to the boarder.

Even though Albania is in Europe, it's not part of the EU so surcharges would apply.

Do you possibly have a spend cap on the account to protect you from a high cost unexpected bill?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will never see Virgin in the name of a network abroad. VM have arrangements with other networks, you will not be charged in Europe.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor

Many thanks for the help

Regards k

Thanks for your post @Kevinj51, and a very warm welcome to you.

As @Tudor says, you wouldn't see Virgin Mobile as an option overseas - I would recommend using GREECE COSMOTE MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATIONS S.A. or GREECE WIND HELLAS TELECOMMUNICATIONS S.A. when roaming in Greece or on a Greek island.

I would need to advise of one thing though, you would be charged for services if you were to connect to a mast that is located in Albania - which is possible of course as you are very close to the boarder.

Even though Albania is in Europe, it's not part of the EU so surcharges would apply.

Do you possibly have a spend cap on the account to protect you from a high cost unexpected bill?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David_Bn

I had a Spending Cap of £3 on my account.

This was fortunate as I got caught by the Albania Trap.

I travelled from Corfu Town to Kassiopi in the north of Corfu.

When the bus reached the top of a hill near Kassiopi, I received an alert telling me that I had reached my spending cap.

This was followed by a "Welcome to Albania" message.

A minute later, I received a "Welcome to Greece" message.

I would recommend all members to set their spending cap to zero before going to Corfu.

Regards, Kevin

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevinj51,

Thank you for coming back to us about your query. Thank you for letting us know more about your experience and recommendation.

Can you tell us if there's anything else we can do to help? We're here if you need us. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs