Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent engineer required

Samir_Skalli
Joining in

Hi 

my landscaper has accidentally cut my fibre cable 

can some one advise/help with how to book an engineer?

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll need to phone in to customer support and report the loss of connection. If it's a clean cut the cable might be patched by a technician, but if there is more extensive damage a new cable must be laid and that will cause a delay. 

As it's not Virginmedia's fault there will be a charge of £25. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks Ryan

tried customer services but just end up on hold

is there any other way of booking?

Alternative is to wait until VM staff pick this up. The phone might be quicker. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Phone is quicker, it will take two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Samir_Skalli,

Thanks for your post on our forum and sorry to hear you had your service interrupted after a damage on the cable outside.
Did you manage to ring our team and get an engineer visit booked to restore your broadband since your last post?

Let us know and we will be happy to best help you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs