cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds at a standstill (between 1Kbit/s - 0.5Mbit/s) T3 timeouts on channel 1; 2; 3

Siim
Joining in

Hello,

Ever since the upload speed boost I've been having constant issues with my 1gig connection. Download seems fine, although latency and jitter are through the roof. Speedtest.net actually fails to run an upload speed test. Fast.com gives me between 56-500Kbit/s. Jitter being between 1000ms - 15 000ms. All of this is over a cat5, WiFi is the same just worse.

I remember when it was installed a few months ago - the technicians pulled the coax from a distribution box further away on the street, rather than the box next to the house. Took the engineer half an hour to find the lead when he was installing the modem and getting the speeds to match with specs - I assume they had to up the power through the coax.

My question to you - what are the chances the distribution box is too far for the default power settings? I appreciate that docsis can go miles without problems but surely the distribution boxes have power limits or defaults.

Upstream status since modem reboot 9pm last night:

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
04960000046.85120QAM 161
14310000047.35120QAM 162
23660000045.85120QAM 163
33010000048.55120QAM 167
42360000044.35120QAM 168

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
0ATDMA0000
1ATDMA00300
2ATDMA001220
3ATDMA00780
4ATDMA0000

Any honest help appreciated.

Regards,

Siim

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Siim 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your service. I've taken a look on our side and can see there is currently a known problem in your area. The details are below.

Fault Type: SNR (Signal-To-Noise) - You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

Fault Reference: F010736858  

Estimated Fix Time: 20/06/2023 at 13:15

This term refers to interference in the Broadband signal caused by external noise entering our network. Locating and diagnosing this problem is challenging because the noise can enter the network from various points. Typically, it is caused by customer equipment such as loose connections or third-party devices connected to our network. However, it can also be caused by local infrastructure like street cabinets, cabling, or the origin of the signal known as the Headend (our servers/routing system).

To identify the source of the noise, our Network Technicians need to trace where the issue is coming from. Once the source is found, the necessary work will be completed.

Our teams are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue, and you can track updates directly by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Siim
Joining in

Hi, 

I very much appreciate the reply. By the looks of it it'll take a lot longer to get sorted. I've now been told it will be by 27th.

Do you know if, by any chance the root cause has been found. Considering it's noise, it'll have to come from somewhere, right. 

Got myself a backup BT connection meanwhile. Fingers crossed both don't die on me at the same time. 

Cheers, 

Siim