Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! No wifi from router new customer please help

I am a new customer for only 2 weeks and i get no signal from my router. I have done everything they ask. Nothing blocking signal, reset several times and they refuse to send a technician becuase on the system it shows i get 264mbs when i only get ab...

SaraR88 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! HUB 5 not issuing IP Addresses.

I'm having the same issues as many others with my Hub 5 and IP addresses (or rather lack of them).  I have a good mixture of wired, WiFi and Powerline connected devices  (32 in total).  The "No Internet" message can occur with any device, other than ...

Resolved! Not getting 1gb speeds on ethernet - Hub 5

Hi there, so I recently had 1gb broadband installed and a free hub 5 at a good deal. In the first week of having the new gigabit broadband, I was getting the full download and upload speeds of 950mbps download and 100 upload. However, what I have not...

Rarr5624_0-1691156914839.png
Rarr5624 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent Loss of Internet

Hello there, I wonder if someone can help me please.I have been having an intermittent problem with my internet cutting out for a very, very long time. (Years!  Yes, seriously!)I’d say that the problem really began when I got the Hub 3, (I think thi...

NEOSPOOK by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Blackspot - I need a booster

I have followed all the instructions in placing my hub but I still have a blackspot in one of my bedrooms. Could a booster or pod be sent to me? It is driving me nuts as it is my home office ‍

Lynny11 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unstable broadband

Hi I had wifi installed a couple of weeks ago which was recommended by your staff to be able to stream up to 6 devices and good for students. We live in a three bedroom flat - with the wifi installed in the 3rd bedroom - the wifi works everywhere wel...

lozellax by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to order a WiFi pod?

I’ve run speed tests and it confirms that we have a WiFi problem in our office. We’ve had this problem for far too long and it’s now unsustainable. We can’t currently join any online meeting (eg zoom), and maintain any kind of connection. How can I o...