cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Incompetence

kevy107
On our wavelength

I have never come across such Incompetence from Virgin Media.

At the end of last year, I cancelled my services and then changed my mind. Virgin Media then agreed to keep me on the same package £31.50 per month. 

Each and every month Virgin Media has been over charging me, I then phone them (Each Month) and the correct it, however, the bill on my account keeps getting higher and it is mounting up. Each month I have the same argument and they agree in the end - for nearly 12 months for god sake.

I have now cancelled my direct debit ( don't worry about my credit rating before I get a comment on it - Mortgage free!) and will pay them over the phone each month until a new provider has fitted a b.t line. Due to the fact that Virgin keep breach the contract I will cancel the services and I have contacted OffCom.

Virgin - you are a complete joke.

14 REPLIES 14

jem101
Superstar

@kevy107 wrote:

I have never come across such Incompetence from Virgin Media.

At the end of last year, I cancelled my services and then changed my mind. Virgin Media then agreed to keep me on the same package £31.50 per month. 

Each and every month Virgin Media has been over charging me, I then phone them (Each Month) and the correct it, however, the bill on my account keeps getting higher and it is mounting up. Each month I have the same argument and they agree in the end - for nearly 12 months for god sake.

I have now cancelled my direct debit ( don't worry about my credit rating before I get a comment on it - Mortgage free!) and will pay them over the phone each month until a new provider has fitted a b.t line. Due to the fact that Virgin keep breach the contract I will cancel the services and I have contacted OffCom.

Virgin - you are a complete joke.

I do take your point about them trashing your credit rating, but how do you feel about a firm of debt collectors banging on your door at 6am? You have to do this the right way - fight mindless bureaucracy with more bureaucracy! Make an official complaint to VM using the web form regarding this, it WILL be fobbed off, ignored, lost, denied that you ever made a complaint and you are a lier, etc. All fine after 8 weeks you take it to the industry adjudicator CISAS and request full restitution from VM, ask to be released from contract without penalty (you really don't want to carry on being a customer do you, surely?), and a reasonable extra amount of compensation for the inconvenience, poor complaint handling, lack of customer care etc.

kevy107
On our wavelength

I will have no firm of debt collectors at my door. I will pay the £31.50 each month over the phone until my new provider has been connected. I will then give Virgin 30 days cancellation notice for breach of contract. 

I have lodged a complaint with Virgin ( 2 weeks ago) and received confirmation and reference number from them. When I checked my complaint on my account, (today) it states 'no issues raised' just more incompetence. But I have proof. 

Hi @kevy107

Welcome back to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing billing concerns you have had with us. Checking the systems I can see that the team have been in touch to resolve this with you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

kevy107
On our wavelength

Hi,

thank you for your message, yes I have been contacted by Virgin in relation to this. I have had a credit to my account. Unfortunately I have had no answer on how they are going to stop this from happening in the future. Once the credit has been used up it will continue to mount up I will have the same problem again. Virgins I.T system thinks my contract is £41 per month and the difference keeps mounting up and I then have to keep phoning to correct it.

I have asked how, in the future to how are Virgin going to adjust their I.T system to stop this from continually happening. But I have had no answer. I will give this a few weeks, If I do not get a response, I will pass this issue over to Offcom. If I was to add the amount of time that I have spent on this matter and charged you an hourly rate, Virgin would owe me quite a sum.

Kind Regards.

Thank you for your response @kevy107,

To further help with this issue, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kevy107
On our wavelength

Thank you,

I have replied to this email with all the information that you have requested.

kevy107
On our wavelength

I am leaving this message, as well as with Virgins complaint department for the interest of a paper / digital trail for Offcom.

Here we go again, I have just received a bill stating that £41.00 has been deducted from my virgin account and not £31.00. Seriously?? 

How much incompetence do I have to tolerate...................

Hey kevy107, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your experience.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague, please can you reach out to them again and they will assist you with this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you.

Yes, someone has reached out in a private message but the information that was provided is untrue.

Again, the Virgin representative claims (24.10.22) that my bill has now been set to £31.00 per month and my credit is £92.13.

I have just checked my on-line bill and it clearly say £82.12 credit and package is £53 per month with £12 per month discount taking the monthly total to £41.00. 

This complaint will not be resolved until my monthly bill states the correct amount and this has now been going on since roughly January 2022.

More incompetence.