cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router 3 - no connection

Gandalf2
Up to speed

Hi All

Can anyone help please…. My router is in modem mode and has been for several months. Today although I’ve checked our area and it saying there’s no issues with WiFi I but I have had no connection but it has been offline all day.

I have an ASUS router no problems for several months but today it’s been flashing green so no Wifi.

Gandalf

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sound like a network issue right enough

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage"...

...also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John I’ve checked the area status via the number you supplied and there is apparently an intermittent issue. I’d done all the process they mentioned with no luck and it’s still flashing green.

The only issue with their process is the it won’t let me generate an engineer.

Maybe they will pick up my issue from here and advise me later.

Thanks again for your help… I’ve been free from issues since you convinced me to go down the modem mode route it’s been brilliant and without any problems. Let’s just hope this is an outside issue that can be resolved.

Gandalf

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You cant book a Tech visit whilst there is a known local issue - makes sense really. Usually these are fixed quickly - just keep checking - and you should be back up and running
when its sorted.

Glad that your issues were sorted. What make/model of router/Mesh did you get ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve an ASUS 86U has worked seemingly upto now. The router is now back into modem mode but the ASUS  is not recognising my WiFi address not sure what to do next !!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe you need a new router your ASUS wifi could have gone faulty.

Is by wire to the router or hub fine?
---------------------------------------------------------------

The ASUS has seemingly lost the SSID for both 2.4 & 5g not sure if it’s the Hub 3 or the ASUS

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Your ASUS is faulty.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve sorted my ASUS RT via the ASUS App I didn’t realise how much info it gives. Much more simple than fiddling around with the Router. The ASUS had failed due to a loss of internet connection but when the internet came back the SSID disappeared in the Router. I was able to reconnect via the ASUS app. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gandalf2

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Great to hear you've managed to have this resolved, please do be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs