cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on my Hub 3

NigelLGH
Tuning in

Having turned my Hub 3 off last night (11/04/2021), this morning when I turned it on and after booting up the power light is red. The Hub 3 was cold and not overheating and is out in the open, upright and in the same place it has been for years. I have tried rebooting and re-setting but the red power light still comes back. Please can I have a phone call or an engineer to replace this unit as I appears to be malfunctioning and I don't want to be without my broadband .

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that information via PM. 

I have booked the engineer to come and replace the hub,  you are able to find the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Thanks Zak_M appointment confirmed by SMS on my mobile (Virgin Mobile) good service from you.

To all concerned:

Firstly thanks for all your help, much appreciated. I had a phone call earlier this afternoon asking if the engineer could call later (17:30) instead of next Thursday, I of course accepted. Engineer turned up and replaced the Hub 3 and the new unit is now working properly. The engineer thought the fault could have been in the temperature sensor in the unit, because the rest of the hub was working OK and not overheating.

So all's well that ends well and and kudos to Virgin Media for an excellent service.

Best regards,

Nigel

Thanks for the update and it's great to hear that the issue has been resolved following the visit.

If you need us again the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

11 REPLIES 11

lotharmat
Community elder
Hiya,

I assume that you are in 'router' mode as opposed to modem mode!?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yes, router mode, and it appears to be working ok and not overheating. But it could all change tomorrow and the Hub 3 could fail.

Yup - will definitely need an engineer to look at - VM Staff should see this pretty soon and respond

Personally, I'd call it in on 150 under faults!

Make sure they know that you think it could be a fire risk.

(This will be the quickest way to get it resolved)

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @NigelLGH 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your hub. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can assist you further and arrange an engineer visit. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi,

Unfortunately tried calling 150 but all I got was an automated service which ran a test and sent me a link to this site. Since then I have had a PM from an engineer to arrange a visit to have a look at it. I thought it may be a fire risk so I turned the box off and unplugged it from the mains when I went to bed last night. When I turned the box on this morning (of course it was stone cold) the power light flashed red instead of the normal white and has remained red, the wireless and broadband appears to be working ok on all the connected devices. Strange?!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that information via PM. 

I have booked the engineer to come and replace the hub,  you are able to find the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

@NigelLGH wrote:

Hi,

the power light flashed red instead of the normal white and has remained red, the wireless and broadband appears to be working ok on all the connected devices. Strange?!

Looks like the Hub thinks that it is overheating as opposed to actually overheating - The Hub-replacement will sort that out! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Zak_M appointment confirmed by SMS on my mobile (Virgin Mobile) good service from you.

Thanks for updating us @NigelLGH

We are glad to hear this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs