cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Arrows

LmcD
Joining in

Hey,

I appear to be having the same problem as a few other people from some of these that I’ve read. 

Light flashing orange, once green and then a solid red light with red wi-if signal and red arrows going in the opposite direction. Welcome screen and downloading arrow filling with white on screen only and repeating. No buttons will work on remote but are flashing ( batteries are newly replaced ) and buttons on box not working either apart from button to turn off box on the back. I’ve unplugged all wires and plugged them back in. Still nothing. 

Anything else I can do? Can’t afford €60 for a replacement box? It’s Virgin 360. Had it over a year, nothing like this ever happened before and it was working fine this morning before I went to work. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

L x 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LmcD 

It sounds like the 360 box may be trying to downlaod an update and has either lost  the internet connection, or the whiite coaxial cable isn't connected. It may also be a hard drive error.

Virgin don't charge for faulty equipment (unless it's intentional damage), they replace like for like 

@LmcD wrote:

Anything else I can do? Can’t afford €60 for a replacement box? It’s Virgin 360. Had it over a year, nothing like this ever happened before and it was working fine this morning before I went to work.  

With you mentioning that you can't afford €60 for a replacement box it would suggest that you are in Ireland. 

Unfortunately these forums are for VM UK so the forum staff wouldn't be able to book you an engineer.

Try <<< this link >>>   you can run some tests on yuor equipment from there and possibly book an engineer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks x.

If it’s the WiFi, would it help if I turned off the WiFi hub ( white box ) and turned it back on to see if it reconnects to my VM360 box? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @LmcD 

Have you tried an ethernet connection? Or if already using an ethernet connection try an new ethernet port and a new ethernet cable.

Turning off the hub wouldn't do any harm.

Neither would performing a factory reset of the hub providing  you can read the network name and passwords on  the  sticker n the hub. 

If you have made any changes there you might want to backup up your configuration settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and going to  Admin > Reload & Reboot > Backup configuration settings > Backup 

Then once rebooted going to the same section and Reload configuration settings > Select File > Reload.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LmcD,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the 360 issues, if you are based in Ireland then please use - https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ - the team will be able to assist further. If you have a Twitter account, you can also tweet them @virginmediaIE also

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill