cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to sky bet on 4g

PeterP1
Tuning in

I can’t access my gambling apps via 4g but they are fine on Wi-Fi. Have checked parental controls & none on, called in to virgin & they said they had tuned things off but still no access to these sites over 24hrs later….

anymore ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

lotharmat
Community elder
Try changing DNS servers!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for the advise but apparently Virgin have my wrong date of birth & the only way to resolve it is write a letter to them & supply a copy of my birth certificate!!! Unbelievable but true... Parental Consents show not switched on when checking my account but further down the line these sites get blocked due to showing underage......

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @PeterP1,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have had issues with betting on Sky Bet.

I located your account and I can see the web safe us currently off, has this resolved your issue?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Unfortunately not, it shows off on the account as you say but further down the line at Virgin it show me as being as under 18 which I'm not but therefore I'm blocked...... I've had to write & supply a copy of my birth cert to the offices in Sunderland.

How odd - you can have a contract with VM and be an account holder and be under 18?

I thought that you needed to be over 18 to be an account holder with VM...

Absolutely, but I've now written to VM & supplied the birth cert so fingers crossed now!

Think of all the money you could have saved by the contract being null and void as you were 'under 18'!! 😉

Disclaimer - The above not meant to be taken seriously!

LOL

Hi PeterP1,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. I know it must be frustrating.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you. 

Kind regards

Beth

Beth