cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wifi Connection with Green light

Lilly0911
Tuning in

I have been having unstable Connection for these weeks. 

For several hours per day, my connection got lost and I see Green light on Hub.

When I check service status on Virgin website, sometimes it says my area has issue and they are working on it until XX, but sometimes other it says due to my poor cable connection.

Today, I could use only a few hours. I used my mobile network for my business meeting or all other things. 

So far no compensation has been made since connection is back for some hours or minutes per day, and Virgin regards it as OK  because compensation is only in case you lose connection throughout 2 days.

I called service centre but automatic reply said my connection issue was registered and I needed to wait.

I don't know what to do anymore, so any kind advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What does it report on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for your comment.

Actually I check my Postcode level od status on Virgin website everytime I have an issue. Sometimes it says my area has issue and they are working on it until XX, but sometimes other it says due to my poor cable connection.

So I post here to know what I should do. It's too much frequent as issue happens several hours per day or most of the day, then I was wondering I have specific issue on my hub.

Anyway thank you for your trying to support me.

Hi Lily0911

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the  ongoing connectivity issues 

I did check the are and your hub and can see we do currently have an SNR  Issue locally to you 

This is due to be fixed on the 11/04/22 and is logged under reference number F009747539   

You can pop back on here and ask for an update 

Regards 

Gareth_L

Thank you for the reply to my post.

From yesterday afternoon, I have been having same issue again and I have lost connection more than 12 hours so far.

This is maybe 5th time of the same issue in a week or so.

It says there is an issue ongoing in my local area. So it should not be my hub's specific issue.

I am wondering why we have so many issue repeating multiple times...

I hope Virgin can investigate it to solve fundamental issue. Otherwise I cannot think I could get full benefit from my bill of around 52 pounds per month...

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,

Hi @Lilly0911, I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your WiFi and broadband connection. 

I've been able to take a look at things from this end and can see that you are currently affected by another congestion issue, which is estimated to be resolved by 14th April at approximately 09:00.

This is logged under reference F009747539 and the same as last time here, anymore issues after this time please don't hesitate to pop back and ask for a further update.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I am loosing connection again in this morning around 10:40 during business meeting. Now using mobile network.

Please investigate it.

Thank you.

Here is an update. Now connection is finally back after 8 hours loss.

This means I cannot get any compensation by Virgin media because it's fixed within 48 hours, again.

What a great time management to avoid compensation for customer.

I will keep every record of my lost of service from now on. I am sure total loss is going to be above 48 hours.

Kind regards,

Usual lost of connection has just started now. Virgin website says my area is affected.

I will keep the log here.

I have no Internet connection again today.