cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Virgin broadband/master socket installation query

christiaan1
Tuning in

Hiya Virgin

We've moved into a brand new house and the pre-installed Virgin master socket is terribly located.

My broadband is now up and running - thank you! - but I was unable to book an engineer to install and then move the master socket at the time of purchasing my contract.

How do I go about booking this service now please?

Cheers

Christiaan

4 REPLIES 4

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

As a note all new installs for Telephone now use the hub (call 21CV) as the master socket all providers will be doing this and the switch over of old connections will be completed by 2025.

Does you phone work in the master socket, if it does you may be in an area where 21CV connection is currently not available ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your input.

We don't have landline, just broadband. I simply want to move the master socket - in which the hub plugs into - to a 1st floor room: my office. How do I book an engineer please?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @christiaan1

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this for you, please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @christiaan1, I'm glad to hear you managed to get an engineer booked in. 

If you have any issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide