cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection, wifi dropping

Jodie_20
Joining in

Since yesterday the wifis been pretty terrible. I was playing Apex legends completely fine and then the wifi dropped and everyone connected lost wifi for a while. I reset the hub and also switched it off, when i switch it back on the wifi doesn’t come back on for at least 30 minutes to an hour. I get green flashing lights and occasionally a red one. Not sure what happened with it but i hope someone can help solve this issue. Thank you in advance 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you called in to report the fault.

Also try the ”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

im unable to call in, thats why im here.  Ive checked for area issues but it says that everythings all good

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did you try the 0800 number or just the website link?

You will need to call it in to report the issue - VM need to know from customers when local faults appear as they may not see them.

If you cant call in for whatever reason... it will take a day or two for a VM person to pick this up on this forum.

In the meantime, Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model do you have and what are each of the individual Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It happens on everything, i think its Hub 3?. Only the white arrow light comes on. When i reset it, the wifi symbol and the arrows flash green and then occasionally the arrows will flash red

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets see the connection data - can you do this

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

Good morning Jodie_20

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I'm really sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've had a check on our system and your area is affected by an SNR outage (signal to noise ratio). 

Says the following; You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

The fault reference for your records is F009218307 and the estimated fix date is the 19th of August at 15.20. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you! All is appreciated 

You're more than welcome

Do monitor the connection after this date and let us know if you need further assistance

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill