cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in area 22 - Intermittent Broadband

svorkas
Joining in

Got my connection yesterday, engineer came and went. Connection was absolutely fine for the whole afternoon and night(into the early hours of the morning). Woke up this morning, can't connect to pretty much anything and keep a stable connection. Service Check says there is problems in my area. My area code is 22. Is this a known issue, any planned fixes etc? Anything anyone can spot in my broadband checker that might show any issues on my side?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/49bf8fdeb644b988fafe051b3d40fbf5fb...

I am using wifi on my desktop computer, have a powerline adapter coming today which I will use, but since service check shows issues, I am wondering if that will even make a difference. Plus the fact that wifi connection was more than fine yesterday

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
Are you near Wigan perchance?

Your BQM looks suspiciously like quite a few users there!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

No, I'm not! Between Leeds and Bradford, if it helps.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi svorkas, 

Welcome and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the service, this is not what we would want and appreciate it is not the best start. 

I have taken a look and can confirm there is a known issue within your area and the details of this are 

Reference:F009266843  

Date Open:10 SEP 2021 09:32

Estimated end date:13 SEP 2021 13:50

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Nat

Thats bizarre

I am in East London and that is also Area 22 according to the bills, dropped connections every few hours today

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM "Areas" are not “Geographic” they are billing areas - as you have discoved - so the freephone number phone may give you more info on known faults, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - try 0800 561 0061

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @qwakuk,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had some connection issues recently.

Are these ongoing today? If so, would you mind expanding on the problem a little further, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach

Image attached which shows the last week

Screenshot 2021-09-16 093235.png

Seems to be every other day 

Screenshot 2021-09-17 093300.png