cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

erm_mackenzie
Joining in

Hi

For the past month my internet connection has been periodically dropping out throughout the day. It is usually only for a matter of seconds but while working at home has inevitably caused disruption  to meetings and connectivity. 

There is an intermittent service issue in my area - when will that be resolved?

Can you please help. 

Euan

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will update you here but it may take a day or two and may not have more info than on thee “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @erm_mackenzie

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing these issues! 

I have been unable to locate your account via your forums details so have not been able to look into this outage directly, but can I just confirm how you were informed of the outage? 

Can I also just check if the intermittency issues you are facing are across wired, WiFi or both connections?

Thank you.

All on wifi so I’ve bought an Ethernet cable to test if that’s better but it’s arriving tomorrow. I wasn’t informed it just drops off quite a lot and is very slow/intermittent despite internet speed checks saying my speed is very good. I then did a signal check on virgin and it said there was an intermittent signal issue in my area.

thanks, Euan 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Erm_Mackenzie, 

Thank you for your reply, please keep us posted, with how you get on. 

Zoie