cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 WiFi password

MWABrown
Joining in

Hi - our Hub 5 seems to only allow certain devices on its main network channel even though the password is correct. I set up a guest network which my daughters and wife are using successfully but i'd like to know why the hub is behaving this way. Any thoughts?

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Possibly a firmware glitch. The Hub5 is not on general release yet, it is being tested by a number of users (like you) who received the invitation, to uncover these glitches .

Have you still got the old Hub - if so call the "Activation" line and get them to reinstate it on your account and return the Hub5

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MWABrown,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with certain devices connecting to the hub's main network channel and you've had to set up a guest network as a result. 

Can I ask which specific model of device, this issue is with?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi - it’s a Hub 5

Hardware Version 1.1

Software version LG-RDK_2.23.16-2106.14

thanks

M

Thank you for getting back to us MWABrown, sorry to hear you have been having these issues with the Hub5. 

Would you be able to try doing a pinhole reset on the hub and see if the problem persists? (You will need to hold a pin into the 'reset' button on the back of the hub for 60 seconds)

Please do be aware that this will return the hub to its factory settings, and any personalised settings will be lost. 

Let us know if there are any other issues you have been having with your Hub 5 so we can raise these internally. 

All the best. 

Molly