cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 solid red light

Runningcat76
Joining in

I am a relatively new customer. hub 3.0 was installed less than 2 months ago. 

I am continuously having to restart the hub due to connection issues. 

The light on the front is solid red. I have read this is due to over heating, but the hub is on top of a unit, plenty of space/air. I have tried resetting it, leaving it unplugged for a couple of hours but it is the same. 

Is this a faulty hub? Its driving me mad having to restart every day

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is a “false positive” indication, but it does look like there are other issues.

Thread escalated to the forum team for a priority response.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Runningcat76

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're currently having issues with your connections. I have taken a look at our side and cannot see any issues that might be causing this. 

Regarding the red light on the router though, we'll need an engineer to swap out the router. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message Runningcat76, I have now booked you a visit for the red light warning issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley