cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

Hi,

I'm sorry but i don't think going on a private message is going to help either of us, For you to tell me everything i've tried over the last last day and a half and most probably a bit more as well not to be funny. I've looked at all the forum posts and all the YT videos.

Many Thanks,

Andrew

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Sideways316

In order for us to assist you further and arrange a new hub if one is indeed needed then we'll need to chat with you privately so we can go through security with you 🙂 

I can see that my colleague has sent you a Private Message to go through this with you so please check for a Purple Envelope and pop them a reply as soon as you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

maelstrom
Tuning in

I’m having the same problem, pin-hole reset does not work and i have only had the router since Friday 6th December, new installation.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @maelstrom

Welcome to our Community forum and thanks so much for your first post - so sorry to understand that you are having issues with your Hub3. 

Have you ever been able to connect to the Hub3 using the information on the bottom of the hub? 

When performing a PIN hole reset, we advise to follow these instructions: 

1. Find the Ethernet ports on the back of the Hub 3.0

2. Below the Ethernet points, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip or pen to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds

3. The Hub 3.0 should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the label on the bottom of the device

4. We recommend that you now turn off the power to the Hub 3.0 for 60 seconds and then turn it back on

Please do try the PIN reset for us and reboot the equipment for us and let us know how you get on 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

tried again last night several times with no joy.....it wont accept the stated password and i am unable to make changes to the router settings, what is the way forward, also this is a brand new hub 3.0 received 6th December!

Thanks Maelstrom, 

Can you confirm you can connect to the internet but not log in to change the settings? 

If so then can you make sure you're not using the WiFi password to do this, there is another password on the box which should be eight numbers long. 

Can you let me know how you get on? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

VonCoaxial
Tuning in

I'm having the same issue. Default settings password for Hub 3.0 not working on http://192.168.0.1/

• I've tried pinhole reset.
  • I am using the 8-digit number, called "Settings password", printed on the bottom right corner under the device.
  • I confirm that I'm connected to the Internet, as I'm posting this on a machine that is connected through my modem, and I still can't login to the settings.
  • I'm not using the Wi-Fi password to login.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK everyone.... do another factory reset - BUT do it this way....

With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT (repeat do NOT) restart the Hub after that.
Just leave it alone for 5' or so to stabilise and then check that your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks are the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the settings password to access the Hub and NOT the wifi one.

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty and insist on a replacement

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand wrote:

OK everyone.... do another factory reset - BUT do it this way....

With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT (repeat do NOT) restart the Hub after that.
Just leave it alone for 5' or so to stabilise and then check that your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks are the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the settings password to access the Hub and NOT the wifi one.

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty and insist on a replacement

This actually worked for me. Thank you.

not working for me

ive been on the phone takling to the broadband department and they said leave it for 15 mins and it should sort it self out

15 mins later and i still cant log into my settings, saying password is incorrect