cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive

Sumo56
Tuning in

We have Virgin installed yesterday and now can’t get Hive heating and drip sensor.

No lights on hub sensor. Ethernet cable installed and usb lead is in the back of tv receiver.

Where do I go with this. Have Oomph package.

I have no phone connection and broadband connection throughout the house; outside room where modem is , is 38 download speed.

Before I spend all day texting Virgin and calling back engineer is there any fix to the Hive?

John 

15 REPLIES 15

@Sumo56 I'll be more than happy with helping you arrange your additional pod.  As I say, we can only send one at a time, sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

Left BT Broadband ( Super Fast full coverage) max download  speed 75 with 3 additional pods . Although that fluctuated downwards but not to anything as disappointing as Virgin ( but lets see what additional pod does tomorrow.

BT Sports

Sky full package sports films etc

Worked it out and was paying nearly £200 a ,month so Virgin Media at £80 for 18 months had a positive ring about it. 

Of course BT and Sky threw their hats in to the ring and tried to sell the 'ultimate deals' but stuck to my guns.

Will come back on the other points but:

PC - only registering download speed of 28 at present. In sep room to hub/modem.

Daughter works from home on lap top and works in hub room.where main tv is .

HIVE boiler sensor . OK but didnt want it in front room.

Hive leak sensor in kitchen with no wifi signal.

Apple laptop.

4 iphones - 7, 8, 10, 11 pro ....  all sim only

Amazon dot

Apple tv.

Surround sound speaker with cable into hub.( I had better check that I can get connectivity on that)

Will check speeds on ethernet cable.

Appreciate your input John. 

I will reply again later.

Regards

John

Lee

I appreciate that but you can appreciate my concerns. If I had 3 pods from BT then I cant see how 1 will work from you.

If I cant get my broadband speeds to better the BT speeds that they stipulated and achieved then I cant see how this Oomph package can be suitable for my requirements.

You have only offered me a cooling off period of 14 days and if I cant get satisfaction before this expires then Im going to have to supplement my home with equipment such as John has suggested.

John

Thanks for getting back to me John.  I really want to help you.

I am going to send you a private message.  

Regards

Lee

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sumo56 wrote:

You have only offered me a cooling off period of 14 days and if I cant get satisfaction before this expires then Im going to have to supplement my home with equipment such as John has suggested.

John

You might have been better saying that if you werent satisfied you would be cancelling within 14 days and going back to BT 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I would suggest you spend your remain cooling off period confirming that your VM connection (that's the bit that comes in down the coaxial cable) is performing well.

Get a laptop or Mac connected via Ethernet directly to the hub and do speeds tests at 10am, 3pm, 8pm and 12 midnight. Do about four tests back to back at each time.

Do this during the week over three days or more and compare the results.
If the speeds are consistent (down and up) and are close to your package speed (600Mb/s?) then you are good.

This test checks that your cable area is not (currently) subject to any problems with over utilisation that can impact some VM areas.

I would then consider what has been suggested and invest in a good WiFi mesh system of your own.

If you are saving £120 per month then a couple of months would get you a very good three access point system. These are expandable too so you can add more if needed.
Remember, this is an investment so if you later move providers you can continue to use this equipment.

Just confirm your incoming VM service is good first.