cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dog damage to cable

BarackOBanana
Joining in

My dog has chewed my coax cable running from the virgin wall box to the virgin media WiFi hub, how do I get a new one installed?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
To get it replaced, call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you are lucky there will be no charge - otherwise there will be a £25 no-fault call out charge

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BarackOBanana,

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear that your coax cable was destroyed.

We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. I have been able to access your account via forums details and I can see you recently contacted our team regarding this. Was the issue resolved with them? Do you need any further help? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No they couldn't help thats why I posted on here, can you help me get a new one fitted?

Hi BarackOBanana,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Dog has chewed through your internal cable, this is something we can help with, this would be a callout charge which has just been changed from £99 to £25, if you would like to go ahead, I will invite you into a private chat so I can arrange this.

I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi BarackOBanana,

Thank you for joining me into a private chat and clearing Security, I have arranged for a technician to get this fixed for you as advised this will be charged as a callout and will be £25 this will show on your next bill.

To view or change the appointment please sign into your Online Account under Help/ My appointments?

Kind regards

Paul.