cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices connected via ethernet not connecting to internet

gavcav
Joining in

After problems with an unstable and weak wifi connection, we made the decision to connect our devices via Ethernet where possible.

Things were fine for a good few months until VM carried out 'improvement works' locally.

Ever since then, any devices connected by ethernet would not connect to the internet. I have checked all connections and devices and they are all good. has anyone else had this problem and found a fix or knows the cause please?

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Once done power cycle the cable connected devices.  This should fix the issue hopefully.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks,

I guess this will mean re-setting ALL network passwords for any device connected to my local network?

Regs 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don’t have to change any device passwords, just go into the hub after the reset and put back any amendments you made.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2