cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues - Multiple devices

MOLLYWATERHOUSE
Joining in

Hello,

I'm the landlord of a HMO property (5 bedrooms rented out individually). I pay for the internet for them and have a M200 package with you. I have 3 TP-link access point all wired into the property too so the internet coverage should be great however it's not.

The wifi drops off and on frequently. There are also multiple devices that just won't connect to the wifi at all. I've carried out speed tests around the whole house and am showing a range of between 37mbps to 213mbps so there is definitely a connection there which doesn't explain why some devices connect and some don't and why the wifi drops off frequently.

Please can you help at all?

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Are speeds consistentl and reliably in the range 200-220 on a device connected by etherent to the hub?  I'm asking to try and establish if this is a wireless problem or could be a VM broadband issue.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MOLLYWATERHOUSE wrote:

Hello,

I'm the landlord of a HMO property (5 bedrooms rented out individually). I pay for the internet for them and have a M200 package with you. I have 3 TP-link access point all wired into the property too so the internet coverage should be great however it's not. <snip>

Is your VM hub wifi running along side the TP -Link AP's?  Do they have separate SSID's?  It may be a clash of wifi space and you will need to set channels etc. manually to avoid such issues.

Also post the power levels and network logs from the Hub for comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks