cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot arrange site survey / incorrectly marked unserviceable

ghiggs
Joining in

Hi, 

We have just moved to a new flat having previously been Virgin Media customers at our old house.

The postcode checker says our flat is unserviceable. It says the same for all other flats in the building, however they all have been serviced by Virgin Media. Our neighbours explained they had an engineer do a site survey and they are now able to use Virgin Media.

I have called the customer service line about 5 times and spent a total of about 10 hours explaining this. Each time I am passed to a number of different teams who variously tell me that they can't service the flat, when I explain our neighbours use Virgin Media they say they will arrange a site visit. Each time we are told to expect a call from an engineer to arrange a visit within a week. When we inevitably do not hear from anyone, I call again, there is no record of the conversation and I go through the same process again (taking over an hour each time). 

I just want an engineer / site surveyor to assess the flat as has been done for all of my neighbours! How can I get through to someone who can actually help? I'm almost certain our flat is serviceable as the flat below and above use Virgin Media!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ghiggs

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me those details. I have raised this with the team for you and someone will contact within 10 working days

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ghiggs

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'll be able to send you a PM and get the details, then raise a form to the spotter team. They'll then be in touch within 10 working days.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ghiggs

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me those details. I have raised this with the team for you and someone will contact within 10 working days

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hello,

Since your last message I received a call from a man asking about the situation. I explained that it's listed as 'unserviceable' which is incorrect and that I've been given contradicting information when calling. He said he needed to call another department but that he would call back. I asked when and he assured me it would be later that same day. That call was on the 8th at 11am, so 2 days have now passed and I haven't had any follow up contact. I wasn't able to get his name but hopefully that call has been tracked as part of this forum thread.

I can't explain how frustrating this process is. It seems impossible for anyone from Virgin to follow through on their assurances. Please could this be looked into as a matter of urgency and it would also be helpful to know the reason for the recurring failure to provide any level of customer service at all. 

Thanks,

Hi John_GS - please could someone get back to us regarding my message below. Thank you 

Hey ghiggs, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you, the Community Forums are not an instant response channel

However I would be more than happy to look into this for you, I will send you a PM. 

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?