cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband died

mousey57
On our wavelength

Lost Internet yesterday afternoon. Hub went green and kept flashing 2 green arrows. Turned it off, gave it a rest, turned it back on. Nothing. Finally rang Virgin at about 19:28 and reported it. Agent got us to unplug it, then plug it back it. Did that, nothing changed. Unplug all cables except power and Virgin cable. Did that. Went through security. Agent said 2nd team would monitor it. Then hubby got text to say engineer would be out between 8am and midday on 1st September. This is a joke.....yes? No Internet for a week....how can we run a business with no Internet for a week? Please tell me what to do....apart from twiddle my thumbs. Compensation surely is due? Had to post this using my phone's Internet....H apparently.

16 REPLIES 16

mousey57
On our wavelength

No broadband since Saturday's couple of hours.

Have a new "object d'art" -flashing green icons on the hub and no broadband for the PCs and TIVO box keeps telling us to fix the Internet connection.....don't I wish I could!

Is there any point leaving power to hub turned on....or is it just running up my electricity bill for no reason?

Hello mousey57,

Sorry this is still ongoing.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

mousey57
On our wavelength

Jason 20337 has been out today and we have broadband again!

He replaced some filters but thinks there may be some deterioration in the cable twixt outside box and hub. But it is working at present.

Thanks for those details mousey57.

As you have advised the Engineer has been and left you his direct contact details.

Shall we leave it here for the moment as there is not much else we can arrange right now.

Gareth_L

mousey57
On our wavelength

Yes we can leave it for now.

I sincerely trust that it won't die again.

I also hope some compensation is forthcoming- it was requested and a document was raised by call centre staff.

mousey57
On our wavelength

Had a phonecall from Jason to say our levels were all over the place so he would stop in after 4pm and run a new wire for the broadband. 

We really appreciated his efforts and hope that the broadband continues to work correctly.

(Still feel that compensation should be made as requested.)

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mousey57, 

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know Jason had been back in touch. 

I do hope everything has been running okay since your last post to us. More information regarding our compensation scheme can be found here

If you experience any further issues, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thank you, 

Nat