cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Endless Update

Ashfenton
Tuning in

My Broadband is stuck in an endless update Queue. is there anyway to get it out of this queue? i have factory reset 3 or 4 times, it goes back to the same issue (Update in progress). i have reboot it aswell, checked the wiring , all seems to be fine. Wifi is offline and cannot access router config due to update in progress.

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That usually means the Hub is disconnected from the cabinet in the street. 

Check the internal coax connections between the Hub and the wall. If that doesn't help then you'll need to call for a technician visit. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, i tried this and it still seems to not work. i wonder if i can call them up without the account number as my flatmate who its under is unable to contact me till tommorow as they are on a flight .

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See if there is a known fault at the moment

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashfenton
Tuning in

Since last night have had no internet, orange LED displaying permanently, has been on an endless update loop. Pinhole reset multiple times properly.  Cables have been thoroughly checked. Still orange LED on the base.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have merged your 2 threads running for essentially the same isssue

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@Ashfenton wrote:

Thanks, i tried this and it still seems to not work. i wonder if i can call them up without the account number as my flatmate who its under is unable to contact me till tommorow as they are on a flight .

Alas no, VM won't talk to anyone else other than the account holder or at least someone who knows all of the account details and the 'memorable word' which you have to quote when speaking to them.

And, after all this is fair enough, you wouldn't want some random person calling VM up and saying 'well I don't know <insert random customer name here> account number but I;'d like to cancel the account, effective immediately - that OK? Good thank you very much.....'

Hi Ashfenton,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been facing issues with your connection and only seeing an orange light, we understand you weren't able to speak to us as you didn't have any account information, how are things today, did you speak to your flat mate for the details so you could call us?

Regards

Paul.