cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosters do not pair

mikedabb
Joining in

I have two Virgin media boosters (both the same size).

They are type PG-9073LG-VM

I can pair them okay but after about 15mins, the booster connected to the Hub starts flashing the connection lights red again indicating the booster has lost its pair.

I have tried this many times with the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mikedabb

The best thing I can suggest is swapping these boosters out for our brand new WiFi pods, they'll work exactly the same as your current boosters do, but they are our brand new pods instead.

Would you be interested in this? If so i'll private message you so we can get this sorted.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
There should be a smaller one that connects to the hub by cable, then the bigger one which is the "WiFi" one you place in/near the problem area.

They shouldn't both be the same size.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

They came supplied from VM in a box and were the same size.  Even the instructions show two the same size to be paired together.

Arew these the Powerline Adaptors?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

@mikedabb wrote:

They came supplied from VM in a box and were the same size.  Even the instructions show two the same size to be paired together.

Strange - the online instructions clearly denote a "smaller" and "larger" booster.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Yup - a web search also shows a very noticeable size difference!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yes, they are power line adaptors

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post some pictures - VM have done a few boosters over the years as far as i remember so lets be sure we are talking about the right thing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Photo as requested 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@mikedabb wrote:

Photo as requested 

nothing showing - if its rejecting it for being too big just reduce it

Tony.
Sacked VIP