cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic

Andrewlevison
Joining in

Wireless drops frequently error seems to be "ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism". We pay a premium for a service that should allow for one of us working from home. The hub is not up to the task. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this re. the Atom messages
-------------------

See messages 4 and 8 in here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/NOTICE-ATOM-is-restarted-due-to-Kernel-oops...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this re. the Atom messages
-------------------

See messages 4 and 8 in here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/NOTICE-ATOM-is-restarted-due-to-Kernel-oops...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Do I ditch the Hub (use modem only mode) and buy a decent wireless machine?

Hi @Andrewlevison 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with WiFi drops and an error message. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. I have run some tests and there seems to be an issue with your hub power levels. For this reason, I'm sending a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and respond when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs