cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign up: You can't use that password. Please choose another.

VM_user_535345
Joining in

New broadband customer. Can't sign up because of this password issue.

I have tried many variations of passwords but the website is clearly just broken!

Could someone please PM me to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VM_user_535345

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the registration issues. Can you confirm, the email address you want to use, does it have any special characters in it? If so, we would need an email address that doesn't have that in order to be able to register. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VM_user_535345

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the registration issues. Can you confirm, the email address you want to use, does it have any special characters in it? If so, we would need an email address that doesn't have that in order to be able to register. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. The error message is just misleading.

That's great to hear and we are so sorry for any confusion @VM_user_535345 

Thank you for letting us know and please do pop back to the forums should you need any help in the future. 

Please can I ask how you got this issue resolved as I have not been able to register for 2 weeks and not getting any guidance or resolution from Virgin

Does your email address have any non-alphanumeric characters in it? I had to use an email address with letters only.