cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

package

shortwaveoak
On our wavelength

i am an existing customer of many many years now and i still cant find an easier way to change my package over the phone there is to many confusing options (to me anyway).

i am out of contract and i want to get rid of the tv portion of my package as i don't watch tv at all i just need broadband and phone.

i have noticed from a twitter feed that there is a gig broadband and phone deal i wouldn't mind having but my upgrades and offers don't  give me this option how can i get this one?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phone up, select options as though you're planning to cancel, negotiate with the agent to see what deal you can get.  There's no easy way of seeing and choosing online from the options that exist, VM are stuck in a 1997 call centre mindset.

Be aware that even if you don't upgrade and just remove some element of the existing package, that will start a new 18 month fixed term contract. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phone up, select options as though you're planning to cancel, negotiate with the agent to see what deal you can get.  There's no easy way of seeing and choosing online from the options that exist, VM are stuck in a 1997 call centre mindset.

Be aware that even if you don't upgrade and just remove some element of the existing package, that will start a new 18 month fixed term contract. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's more of an issue with phone than TV, but sometimes it can be cheaper to downgrade a particular service rather than remove it entirely.

Have a play with the build a bundle checker to get an idea of pricing for your chosen combination.

Then, as per Andrew - call up and negotiate by phone, with a view to a new 18month contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks