cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

jajabink99
Joining in

over 5 hours on the phone to numerous call agents and still no nearer getting my bill sorted, i changed my package in late january following the price hike from 100mb to 500mb and was promised a new router as my current one wouldnt cope with the increase in speed, i agreed £70 per month, i also said i needed the cables moving from one side of the room to the other and was promised no charge would be applied, what did i get well the enginner did his perfectly but the router turned out to be a wifi booster so i got on the phone to say forget the 500mb i would like to go on another deal, i was promised 200mb broardband for £56 per month, great i thought, now 6 weeks later and over 5 hrs on the phone talking to vm agents ive still got the 500mb and the £25 charge is still there despite numerous promises along the way it would be  sorted, ive paid my bill every month on time but now this months bill is £134, im at the end of my teather please sort this out one way or another, ps. i will be only paying the £56 i agreed when my next bill is due on the 23rd march.

10 REPLIES 10

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jajabink99, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention. 

Sincerest apologies for this poor experience! I can appreciate your frustration. 

Do you know which type of hub you are currently awaiting? 

Regarding the package I will look into this for you - I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details first. You will find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best

Molly

jajabink99
Joining in

Well I thought this overcharge problem had been resolved but still after paying this month's bill there is £21 owing , please can you sort this

Hi @jajabink99,

Welcome back to our community forums. I am very sorry to hear about this.

Since you spoke with us about this, have you made any adjustment to the package at all? If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend checking your online account to see what the additional disputed charge is in reference to.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I added sky sports on the 16th March so my bill of £56 increased to £70 to account for the part month of sky sports, ive paid £70 towards my account. 

Thanks for coming back to us @jajabink99.

I have looked into your account and can see that the charges for when your package was changed, the team should have advised of this charge, when your package was changed over.

Regards,

Steven_L

Charges for what, ive been paying £56 per month then I upgraded to  sky sports for £23 extra a month on the 16th March, the £14 extra this month being the part month for sky sports makes £70, what extra charges are you going on about,  next months bill should be £79, it really isn't hard to work out.

Hi @jajabink99,

As advised earlier, have you checked your billing via your My Virgin Media online account to see what the additional charges are for? It'll state there any additional charges there that you're disputing and what they're for.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

This has been going on for too long, 7 weeks to be precise,  every time I speak or message someone about my bill they screw it up, I have looked at the bill multiple times and it still doesn't make any sense,  like I said before my bill should be £70 this month (paid) and £79 going forward until I cancel sky sports ( is it possible to cancel a channel on this chatroom or do I have to spend hours on the phone to someone who hasn't got a clue)

Thank you for letting us know @jajabink99.

If you wish to cancel or downgrade, you will have to call our team on 0345 454 1111 to process this for you.

However, to bring some clarity to your billing issue, I have sent you a private message. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs