cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract price not as agreed

TheCaddy
Tuning in

In august my package price is due to increase to £128, which I cannot justify paying, so I called to see if I could look at getting a better deal. I agreed with an agent via whatsapp that I would be able to get a free speed upgrade from 200mb to 1gb, (free hub included) and keep the same tv and phone package and that would just be paying £69pm from august. I just checked on my account and there is a new contract that states I will be paying £95pm and a one off charge of £35 for the hub. not at all what was agreed. I have the screenshots of the whatsapp messages to prove it. No one seems willing to sort this as I keep getting promised I will get put on the agreed deal but nothing happens. If this is not sorted I will be cancelling all my services in august when my contract expires

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheCaddy wrote:

In august my package price is due to increase to £128

Your package price isn't increasing, but your time-limited discount is expiring. I appreciate it amounts to the same thing for you, and with that in mind...

@TheCaddy wrote:

Iand that would just be paying £69pm from august. I just checked on my account and there is a new contract that states I will be paying £95pm and a one off charge of £35 for the hub. not at all what was agreed. I have the screenshots of the whatsapp messages to prove it

Can you post up those screenshots onto this forum thread? The forum staff will have access to your account and maybe able to help resolve this, but the screenshots that you have, will give them a headstart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20220514-183158.pngScreenshot_20220513-151055.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TheCaddy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear that your online account does not match what was advised by our agent, I understand this must be concerning.

I would need to have a look at the order from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few details and we can go from there. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat