cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling My account

digyen
Tuning in

Hi, been trying to get to VM on phone for the past week as i want to close my account. i am spending over an hour on the phone but never getting through line goes dead and i have to call again. can someone please help.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @digyen 

Unfortunately the Forum Team can't process regrades or cancellations and all contact methods are currently busy due to the price increase.

VM have also had systems issues for the past 2 days (they are suggesting to try again this afternoon) which meant the IVR wasn't transferring calls correctly and agents had also been unable to connect to certain systems.

You can try calling again 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 4, but best to call at 8am (weekdays) or 9am (weekends) when lines first open to avoid call queues

Or write to them to as per the terms-and-conditions 

If writing make sure you sign it and send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

Replies from the following methods aren't instant, around 4 hours at times,  as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

There's also a link on the following page contact-us/upgrades-and-offers/broadband-tv-phone 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @digyen

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding cancelling your services, I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us and that you're struggling to get in touch with us. As @newapollo advised unfortunately we are unable to process cancellations from the forums, I'm sorry for any disappointment caused.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to speak with a member of staff to cancel your services. A technical fault means our customer service agents are unable to access certain applications and information at the moment. We’re currently investigating the issue and ask customers to contact us again later. We’re sorry for any frustration caused.

Best wishes,

Serena

kevy107
On our wavelength

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have never experienced anything like it. For three days I have been trying to get through to Virgin Media.

The first phone call was cut off after 30 mins. Then I was waiting on live chat for one hour and was moved to a Whatsapp chat. I received a message three hours later. The agent tried to get me to stay. I said no. I then received a message (in the same Whatsapp chat) from a bot informing me that the disconnection team was closed. 

I had the same result over the next two days. I placed in a complaint to Virgin Media on the second day via Virgins website.

I will not pay any monies past my 30 day notice period. Which is 01.03.22) I kept all my Whatsapp conversations and printed them off. 

I am sick to the back teeth of this incompetent & amateurish (Virgin Media)  company. I urge everyone to stay away.

fuming!!

Hi kevy107, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have had issues speaking with the team over the weekend. As mentioned above we were having some technical issues but these seem mostly resolved now. 

To give your 30 days notice, please speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4 again so they can go through the disconnection process with you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs