cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so expensive? Seeking justification

dca860
On our wavelength

So I'm posting a question to anyone who can assist me including any VM staff who monitor these groups.

Why is it I get countless offerings from other companies offering me 'BT' powered broadband and every one is significantly cheaper than even the M50 VM offerings. 
My neighbour is with Vodafone fibre broadband. She pays £23.99 month with a landline phone which includes evening/weekend calls and fibre up to the wall socket.

Why do VM want £42 for similar services and where's the justification.

I've been with VM for nearly 30 years (CableTel as it started), and this year is likely to be the last as I'm fed up with being shafted

15 REPLIES 15

Not so James.
VM do not offer broadband anywhere for as low as £21/month (currently offered by 'NOW'). The 'NOW' offer also includes a landline with inclusive anytime calling
VM want £42 from me upon renewal for just broadband (no phone) - and £26 for new customers.
My notice period is in a  couple of weeks.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree with @jamesofmerton . There is no need for any justification of pricing.

You deal with the business which represents good vale for money for your requirements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dca860
On our wavelength

That doesn't answer my question Ernie which was about justification. I wasn't after a point of view about their business model.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're asking Virgin Media to justify their pricing model, you're probably in the wrong place.

No business is required to justify their prices to customers. If customers don't accept their pricing, then vote with your feet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Justification for pricing has nothing to do with the customer.

Should I ask Gordon Ramsay to justify his prices? No, I just don’t eat in any of his establishments. He can charge what he wants for a burger and chips in central Edinburgh but I won’t be eating there.

Why is justification important to you anyway? Would it make a difference in your choice if they told you their justification was to bleed dry those customers who have inertia to change and have money to burn?

dca860
On our wavelength
You're not providing a relevant situational comparison apart from suggesting VM are better, and my experience is that they once were but BT's Fibre BB is now just as good and in places better than VM.
I genuinely want to know what they offer that's better for the almost double the price pricetag.
If all you can do is tell me I shouldn't as that question for a product that is directly comparable, then thanks for your input , but it's unhelpful and not insightful as suggested in your signature box. Goodbye